Empowering homeowners to tackle any storage project with confidence, Stanley Built-Ins and Storage, A Homeowner’s Guide by David Schiff is a comprehensive visual manual with authoritative, reliable information.
With an eye toward making optimal use of the space in their houses, homeowners look toward getting organized to save on frustration and time. The answer to their dilemma is contained within Stanley Built-Ins and Storage.
Backed by the Stanley brand, the book, with 550 photos and 20 illustrations, features step-by-step projects for the entry-level do-it-yourselfer for every room in the house – from the mudroom to the attic. Introductory chapters discuss tools, materials, and frequently used techniques. The highlight of Stanley Built-Ins and Storage is the instruction for 17 great projects for:
- living rooms, including a bookcase, corner cabinet, shelving, and window seat
- kitchens, including a rolling cart, toaster caddy/breadbox, and spice and wine racks
- bedrooms, including a closet and toy box
- mudrooms, including a coat hook with cubbies and a boot bench
- garages and attics, including shelves, garden tool rack, overhead storage, and a fold-down workstation
David Schiff is the author of two Stanley Homeowner Guides—Built-ins & Storage and Outdoor Projects. He is the author of several other how-to books and has written articles on home design, building, and general interest for a number of publications. He has worked as editorial director for Creative Homeowner Press and for Reader's Digest Illustrated Reference Books.