No matter your size or shape, Kenneth D. King will teach you how to make perfect-fitting garments every time. In this comprehensive resource, Kenneth shows the home sewer how to understand her shape and fitting options, as well as how to identify bad fit by reading the wrinkles in the garment. From there, he explains his Smart Fitting methods—net gain (add fabric), net loss (remove fabric), or no net gain or loss (move fabric around)—to make the necessary corrections to the pattern.
Along the way, Kenneth draws on his 30+ years of patternmaking and couturier experience to:
- help the sewer understand proportion, wearing ease, and design ease
- learn how to measure correctly
- learn about fitting and alteration methods
- learn how to make a muslin—the gold standard of test garments; and learn how to alter patterns for 35 upper body part issues
- the home sewer will also be privy to garment construction tips picked up during Kenneth's years of couture sewing—things that make complex details a breeze
In Kenneth D. King's Fitting Essentials, Kenneth takes an otherwise confusing process and makes it logical and straightforward.
"No matter your size or shape, Kenneth D. King's Smart Fitting Solutions will teach even the most novice needlecrafter how to make perfect-fitting garments every time. A comprehensive and thoroughly 'user friendly' instructional reference and resource. Certain to be an immediate and enduringly popular addition to community library needlecraft instructional collections."—Midwest Book Review
Kenneth D. King is a contributing editor at Threads Magazine, couture fashion designer, author and popular professor at The Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. He specializes in custom evening wear and his designs appear in the permanent collections of leading museums, including the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, renowned for its art and design collections.